A bunch of six musicians (including a clarinetist, violinist, cellist, pianist, percussionist & two singers) as inventive as their name suggests, Lunatree melds a classical feel with contemporary collaborations which invite the listener to an experience that is both unique and playful. With each player coming from a different background (chamber and early music, jazz, world music and musical theatre/performance art), Lunatree creatively interweaves these musical worlds so that come together as though they were never really separate in the first place. Lunatree has collaborated with the likes of Crowded House frontman Neil Finn, jazz-trumpeter Ambrose Akinmusire, Dutch standup comedian Freek de Jonge, multi-instrumentalist Son Lux & the dancers of Club Guy & Roni, to name just a few.
What did we do?
Combined Creatives took care of the day-to-day artist management of Lunatree. In addition to artist-specific details, we do the following:
– Handle logistical matters (e.g. scheduling, shows & tours)
– Handle contract negotiations between the ensemble and performance venues
– Handle branding, press and media
– Organize opportunities for the ensemble to grow, develop and extend audience outreach
– Function as a partner concerned with the artistic vision and long-term goals of the ensemble